Monday, November 8, 2010

Goals

So, I have decided to start blogging again, since I only wrote one blog and then procrastinated on writing more. I love writing, and need some outlets for my thoughts and emotions. I am going to begin this blog by listing the goals I have for myself, and all of my blog followers can touch base with me to make sure that I am staying on track.

Goals:
- to do yoga in the mornings while the kids are asleep
- to do my hobbies on a regular basis (reading, artwork, theater, etc.)
- to manage my finances more efficiently
- to be happy in the moment
- to be positive
- to take my vitamins
- to blog on a regular basis
- to go to church and work on my spiritual side
- to handle my stress
- to improve my social life
- to contact family more often and maintain close relationships
- to be more loving

It is hard being a mom of two while balancing everything else in the world (including myself)! I have realized, however, that am doing it all wrong. I am focusing so much time and energy on spending quality time with my family that I am forgetting myself. I am not relishing in who I am, and taking time to work on myself and do the things that I love doing. I have made all of my hobbies "stressful" in my mind, turning my art into a chore because I am so negative about my abilities and too lazy to start anything. I want so much to have a perfect, productive (yet fun) day, that I don't end up having one. I want too much out of one moment. I fail to be truly happy this way. What I have realized more than anything lately is that if I am not fulfilled inside, then I am not fully able to give to others. I need these goals not only for myself, but for others as well. If the world ended tomorrow what would I regret? Many things.

I want to bask in the sun of life and shrug off its showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment